23 Jan Come and Work for Us
Job Title: Coffee Roaster
Business: Glen Lyon Coffee Roasters
Part Time: Initially three days a week (24 hours)
Salary: £24,960 pro rata
We’re a dynamic small team of coffee roasters based in Aberfeldy dedicated to sourcing and roasting exceptional speciality beans from around the world. Founded in 2011 we have gone from strength to strength, supplying cafes, restaurants and individuals across Scotland and beyond.
We are currently looking for a new member of our team to production roast our signature Red Stag espresso as well as develop our range of single origin coffees. This role is for a highly motivated individual who is passionate about coffee and dedicated to producing an outstanding product for our discerning wholesale clients.
Experience is preferred but not essential and all necessary training will be provided. This is a unique opportunity to work in Scotland’s exciting speciality coffee sector. We are offering a salaried position with a 12-month contract (renewed annually) and full holiday and pension benefits.
Aberfeldy in Perthshire is situated at the gateway to the Highlands with great local amenities, schools and easy transport links to Glasgow, Edinburgh and Inverness. Our local area is renowned for its natural beauty and is the perfect playground for outdoor pursuits such as kayaking, mountaineering and cycling.
- Daily production roasting, blending and packing coffee
- Daily quality control cupping with the GLC team
- Managing daily, weekly, and long-term production scheduling
- Managing onsite green bean inventory and delivery in collaboration with Logistics Coordinator
- Supporting roasting equipment maintenance, repair, and keeping roastery clean and tidy
What you’ll need to succeed
- Must love coffee as much as we do
- Coffee roasting experience preferred but not essential
- Cupping and sample roasting experience preferred but not essential
- Ability to lift/push/pull up to 70 KG weight
- Ability to work efficiently with spreadsheets
- Interest in the international supply chain and willingness to travel
To apply please send a CV and covering letter to Jamie Grant: email@example.com
Closing Date: Wednesday 28th February
Interview: Interviews will be held on the week starting Monday 5th of March.
Preferred starting date: April 2018